Use current anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software.
- “Used to identify and remove computer viruses, as well as many other types of harmful computer software, collectively referred to as malware” Wikipedia
- Offers ongoing protection, daily scans, daily updates
- Protects your computer from malicious spyware.
- Spyware may monitor your online activities and collect personal information while you surf the web.
- Periodically scans your computer for spyware.
- Firewall software and/or hardware monitors the communications between your computer and the outside world (the Internet).
- Firewalls prevent unauthorized access to or from a private “network” (i.e., your home computer).
- You can implement a firewall in either hardware or software form, or a combination of both.
At Home – install Internet Security Packages
- Some commercial internet security packages include anti‐virus, anti‐software and firewall software.
- Norton, Trend Micro, McAfee, EEye, ESET, AVG, Sophos
- To be effective virus definitions must be updated routinely.
For more information on Sophos at TCU click here.